Saturday, October 13, 2007

Destin, Florida 10-6 to 10-8


On the trip to Destin, we listened to the Auburn football game, and the kids cheered right along with Nate and me. Nathan would scream, "Go, go, go!"

Sunday, we took it easy, the kids played board games and did crafts while the little ones crawled and played. Nathan got a new beach truck the night before, and he sure liked it. He also liked to help Taylor and was pretty sweet to her. He told her, "No!" at the stairs (she wasn't even going near them) since he heard that every time he got near the stairs. It didn't quite detract him from them, though. Sunday night, we took at walk on the beach.



We spent the morning on Monday at the beach. It rained all day Sunday, so the waves were pretty good. There was a strong current that pulled you down the bech quite a ways, so when Emma got in deep enough, she wanted to be holding someone's hand.

Nathan would venture into the water on his own time. He even laid on his belly for a little while. He didn't like us to carry him into the ocean this day, though, because the waves were kinda vicious (for Destin), and he didn't like the salt water splashing him in the face.



Holding true to form, Emma couldn't get enough of the ocean, and Carden was quite content sifting through the sand to find shells. There were quite a bit that the storm washed up. Nathan enjoyed a little of both.

After lunch, a good nap, and some well-deserved swimming and relaxing in our calm pool, we all cleaned up and went to dinner. Below is a picture of cutie Noah, Savannah entertaining Nathan while we waited for our table (he loves to read, so he ate this up!), and one of the few pictures of me to prove I was actually there at the beach!

3 comments:

Carly A said...

All I can say is what I posted earlier. I am jealous. I love the girls' swim suits. I love all the pictures, especially the black and white one of Nathan with the blurry beach behind him. I need to take a photography class and learn how to take cool pictures.

danakat said...

Two pics are my absolute faves: the last one of you and NateDogg and the one with NateDogg reaching up with sand on his fingers! Ooohh, I wish I could stage that one for a pic of my little man. :)

Lisa said...

It looks like everyone made it into the water. Im impressed. When we were in florida, I was lucky to get Katlyn and Ashton to get their toes wet!